Our Social Security system is neutral with regard to race and ethnicity, but because American Indians and Alaska Natives tend to have lower earnings over the course of their working years and little access to employer sponsored retirement plans, Social Security is particularly important to them. American Indians and Alaska Natives disproportionally depend on Social Security to earn vital but modest retirement, disability, and survivors’ protections for themselves and their families. Social Security should not only be protected for American Indians and Alaska Natives; it should be expanded.
- 2019 Trustees Report Shows That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 22, 2019
- Soon-to-be Released Report Will Show That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 19, 2019
- The Medicare For All Act of 2019 Would Greatly Benefit Seniors April 10, 2019
- Richard (RJ) Eskow April 3, 2019
- Bradley Herring March 29, 2019