Since 1957, earnings from active duty military service have been covered by Social Security, enabling those who serve in our nation’s armed forces to earn valuable retirement, disability, and life insurance protections for themselves and their families. Social Security benefits—in particular, disability and survivors’ benefits—are especially critical to our nation’s active military and their family members. These benefits should not only be protected for active military members and veterans; they should be expanded.
- Progressives Win Two Huge Victories Over Big Pharma December 11, 2019
- Today’s Hearing is Showcasing the Unparalleled Grassroots Energy Behind Medicare for All December 10, 2019
- Social Security Works Endorses H.R. 3 The Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 December 6, 2019
- Donate by Check November 20, 2019
- Social Security Works Endorses The Gig Is Up Act November 19, 2019