As Congress and the incoming Administration debate changes to our nation’s health care system, Americans should be especially watchful for proposals that would cut or weaken Medicare, including proposals that would privatize benefits. Medicare is a large and complex program, and discussions about Medicare policy in the media are often filled with myths and misinformation. To help advocates, journalists, and members of the public better understand the debate surrounding Medicare, this fact sheet explains essential information about our Medicare system, including the coverage it provides, the people it serves, and major myths about the program.
- 2019 Trustees Report Shows That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 22, 2019
- Soon-to-be Released Report Will Show That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 19, 2019
- The Medicare For All Act of 2019 Would Greatly Benefit Seniors April 10, 2019
- Richard (RJ) Eskow April 3, 2019
- Bradley Herring March 29, 2019