As Congress and the incoming Administration debate changes to our nation’s health care system, Americans should be especially watchful for proposals that would cut or weaken Medicare, including proposals that would privatize benefits. Medicare is a large and complex program, and discussions about Medicare policy in the media are often filled with myths and misinformation. To help advocates, journalists, and members of the public better understand the debate surrounding Medicare, this fact sheet explains essential information about our Medicare system, including the coverage it provides, the people it serves, and major myths about the program.
- The Social Security Expansion Act is Wise Policy and Winning Politics February 13, 2019
- Legislation to Lower Prescription Drug Prices February 11, 2019
- The Medicare Negotiation and Competitive Licensing Act Will Bring Down Drug Prices by Taking On Big Pharma Monopolies February 7, 2019
- Over 200 Democrats Just Introduced a Bill to Expand Social Security January 30, 2019
- Social Security Works Endorses Larson’s Social Security 2100 Act January 23, 2019