As Congress and the incoming Administration debate changes to our nation’s health care system, Americans should be especially watchful for proposals that would cut or weaken Medicare, including proposals that would privatize benefits. Medicare is a large and complex program, and discussions about Medicare policy in the media are often filled with myths and misinformation. To help advocates, journalists, and members of the public better understand the debate surrounding Medicare, this fact sheet explains essential information about our Medicare system, including the coverage it provides, the people it serves, and major myths about the program.
- Candidates Should Talk Social Security Expansion At The Democratic Debates June 26, 2019
- New College Affordability Package Would Carry on FDR’s Legacy June 24, 2019
- NEW POLL: Swing District Voters Want Aggressive Action On Drug Pricing May 1, 2019
- Troy Miller April 26, 2019
- 2019 Trustees Report Shows That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 22, 2019