As Congress and the incoming Administration debate changes to our nation’s health care system, Americans should be especially watchful for proposals that would cut or weaken Medicare, including proposals that would privatize benefits. Medicare is a large and complex program, and discussions about Medicare policy in the media are often filled with myths and misinformation. To help advocates, journalists, and members of the public better understand the debate surrounding Medicare, this fact sheet explains essential information about our Medicare system, including the coverage it provides, the people it serves, and major myths about the program.
- Social Security Works Urges Congress to Remove Pharmaceutical Provisions from NAFTA 2.0 October 9, 2019
- Trump’s Executive Order is Backdoor Privatization of Medicare October 3, 2019
- New Drug Price Polling: Voters Support Radical Solutions September 25, 2019
- Social Security Works Opposes Confirmation of David Black September 23, 2019
- The Lower Drug Costs Now Act is An Important Step In The Right Direction September 19, 2019