Representative Sam Johnson (R-TX03), powerful chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee, recently-introduced Social Security Reform Act of 2016 (H.R. 6489), which proposes deep cuts to Social Security while radically altering the nature of the program. In addition to threatening the benefits of current retirees, Representative Johnson’s plan greatly endangers the promise of Social Security for the youngest Americans—the very generations his plan claims to protect. As this fact sheet explains, the younger a worker is today, the greater the cut to his or her Social Security benefits at age 65 under Representative Johnson’s plan.
- 2019 Trustees Report Shows That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 22, 2019
- Soon-to-be Released Report Will Show That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 19, 2019
- The Medicare For All Act of 2019 Would Greatly Benefit Seniors April 10, 2019
- Richard (RJ) Eskow April 3, 2019
- Bradley Herring March 29, 2019