Representative Sam Johnson (R-TX03), powerful chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee, recently-introduced Social Security Reform Act of 2016 (H.R. 6489), which proposes deep cuts to Social Security while radically altering the nature of the program. In addition to threatening the benefits of current retirees, Representative Johnson’s plan greatly endangers the promise of Social Security for the youngest Americans—the very generations his plan claims to protect. As this fact sheet explains, the younger a worker is today, the greater the cut to his or her Social Security benefits at age 65 under Representative Johnson’s plan.
- On Social Security’s 84th Birthday, New Reports Show Importance of Expanding Benefits August 14, 2019
- Social Security Works for America Series 2019 August 12, 2019
- Social Security Works for the United States 2019 August 12, 2019
- Social Security Works for Alabama 2019 August 12, 2019
- Social Security Works for Alaska 2019 August 12, 2019