Representative Sam Johnson (R-TX03), powerful chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee, recently-introduced Social Security Reform Act of 2016 (H.R. 6489), which proposes deep cuts to Social Security while radically altering the nature of the program. In addition to threatening the benefits of current retirees, Representative Johnson’s plan greatly endangers the promise of Social Security for the youngest Americans—the very generations his plan claims to protect. As this fact sheet explains, the younger a worker is today, the greater the cut to his or her Social Security benefits at age 65 under Representative Johnson’s plan.
- Candidates Should Talk Social Security Expansion At The Democratic Debates June 26, 2019
- New College Affordability Package Would Carry on FDR’s Legacy June 24, 2019
- NEW POLL: Swing District Voters Want Aggressive Action On Drug Pricing May 1, 2019
- Troy Miller April 26, 2019
- 2019 Trustees Report Shows That Social Security Continues to Work for America April 22, 2019