Representative Sam Johnson (R-TX03), powerful chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee, recently-introduced Social Security Reform Act of 2016 (H.R. 6489), which proposes deep cuts to Social Security while radically altering the nature of the program. In addition to threatening the benefits of current retirees, Representative Johnson’s plan greatly endangers the promise of Social Security for the youngest Americans—the very generations his plan claims to protect. As this fact sheet explains, the younger a worker is today, the greater the cut to his or her Social Security benefits at age 65 under Representative Johnson’s plan.
- The Social Security Expansion Act is Wise Policy and Winning Politics February 13, 2019
- Legislation to Lower Prescription Drug Prices February 11, 2019
- The Medicare Negotiation and Competitive Licensing Act Will Bring Down Drug Prices by Taking On Big Pharma Monopolies February 7, 2019
- Over 200 Democrats Just Introduced a Bill to Expand Social Security January 30, 2019
- Social Security Works Endorses Larson’s Social Security 2100 Act January 23, 2019