Donald Trump’s decision to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) and his other anti-immigration policies are dangerous for Social Security’s future. Ending DACA would reduce Social Security contributions by $19.9 billion over a decade. If Trump’s other proposed policies, which would cut immigration were cut in half, became law, Social Security would lose around $2.4 trillion over the next 75 years.
- Social Security Works Urges Congress to Remove Pharmaceutical Provisions from NAFTA 2.0 October 9, 2019
- Trump’s Executive Order is Backdoor Privatization of Medicare October 3, 2019
- New Drug Price Polling: Voters Support Radical Solutions September 25, 2019
- Social Security Works Opposes Confirmation of David Black September 23, 2019
- The Lower Drug Costs Now Act is An Important Step In The Right Direction September 19, 2019