FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 12, 2018
Contact: Linda Benesch, [email protected]
Social Security Works PAC Endorses Bill Nelson for U.S. Senate
Nelson will protect and expand Social Security and Medicare, while Scott has a long history of attacking them
(Washington, DC) — Below is a statement from Jon “Bowzer” Bauman, President of Social Security Works PAC, endorsing Bill Nelson for U.S. Senate:
“I am proud to endorse Senator Bill Nelson for reelection on behalf of Social Security Works PAC. Nelson, who helped lead the fight against George W. Bush’s plan to privatize Social Security, will listen to the American people by fighting to protect and expand Social Security, expand Medicare, and lower prescription drug prices. In contrast, Rick Scott has a long history of attacking Social Security and Medicare, including:
- Stating that Medicare and Medicaid should be privatized because it would be better “if private business could run national health care administration.”
- Serving as CEO of Columbia/HCA, which perpetuated one of the largest Medicare and Medicaid frauds in history under his leadership.
- Supporting the “Cut, Cap, and Balance” Amendment, which would lead to massive cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Responding “I want everybody in a 401k” when CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin asked if he supported privatizing Social Security
- Selecting a Gubernatorial running mate, Jennifer Carroll, who supports privatizing Social Security.
We will be working hard in the coming weeks and months to ensure that Florida seniors are aware of Rick Scott’s horrific track record on Social Security and Medicare, and to make sure he’s held accountable for his self-serving politics. ”
Social Security Works PAC is the political arm of Social Security Works, a non-profit organization fighting to expand Social Security, expand Medicare, and lower prescription drug prices.